Monday, March 1, 2010

GF Gnocchi? Can it be?

As I was walking through Whole Foods this weekend, I noticed they had moved my Quinoa Spaghetti noodles to the regular pasta aisle. Creature of habit that I am, I was slightly annoyed. However, WF quickly made up for it, when I noticed the GF Gnocchi sitting in the refrigerated unit with other fresh pastas. Seriously? I have been craving Gnocchi for YEARS! Gnocchi would do me in for several days if I ate the non-GF version. I would be in so much pain it isn't even worth the cheat.



The brand at Whole Foods was Nuovo's. They came in two flavors - roasted sweet potato and original. I bought both, namely because I don't do anything half-way. These are SOOOOO not on my "healthy" kick diet. But a girl has to splurge now and then! :) So, I paired the original gnocchi with veal marinara and the sweet potato with the gorgonzola recipe I posted earlier. Let me just tell you - there have been a handful of times that I have personally been impressed with myself. This was one of them! :) My husband is always impressed, but I am convinced that is because he went from a diet of PB and J, Ritz crackers and bean dip to...well, real food that humans are meant to ingest!



I digress! At any rate - the meal of gnocchi fresh green beans and half a chicken breast was perfect. It was also VERY quick to prepare. I would say the chicken took the longest at around 10-12 minutes (b/c it was frozen and had to be thawed).



I could go on all night about the sauce, but I will spare you! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment