Monday, December 14, 2009

Day Four: Reduced Cravings and a Lapse in Discipline!

I can honestly say that I think the increase in fiber (green shake and flax seed) is having a huge impact on my cravings. We had 3 holiday parties this weekend, including one that I catered. I made it through all three without snacking! No, I am not joking.

You know that feeling you get in your tummy and the watery mouth that comes with seeing a plate full of fudge, cookies, and red-velvet cake? Well, I stared into the face of sugary sweets this weekend three times and I was hardly tempted. I've read before that if you have the right amount of fiber in your diet you can drastically decrease your cravings for sugar/sweets. It seems to be true.

I've also observed that I am full VERY quickly when I am eating and cannot finish portion sizes I could easily finish last week. I'm happy about that. Reducing portion sizes is one of the keys to weight loss. We'll see how that is working out when I weigh on Wednesday! :)

Yesterday was the first day I took the Apple Cider vinegar. I can't say I enjoyed it at all. I may try diluting it in water today. It was pretty harsh on my throat and difficult to down in one large swig.

Today is day 4 of the green shake, Day 3 of Flax Seed and Day 2 of vinegar. All in all, I feel great. I am still trying to convince my husband to join me on my journey. I'd love to see him trade his french fries for broccoli and his chocolate for fruit. I'm not holding my breath. If at the very least he could just add the vegetables and fiber to his diet - he'd at least be getting some nutrition.

I do have a confession before I end today's rant. I ate some bread last night. It was not GF. It was soaked in butter and garlic. I couldn't resist. Well, that is not true. I could have, I just didn't. I suffered all night long and regretted every bite. When will I learn? No matter how much butter is on the bread - iwill not be happy with myself and my body cannot tell the difference between yummy gluten and not yummy gluten. Ahhh, well, every day is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment