Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 15 - Frustrated and Slightly Aggrivated

Attempting to create new healthy habits is not easy during the holidays, much less while traveling during the holidays. We've been in Odessa for nine days. For the most part, I have felt like I have moved from couch, to table and back to the couch again. I went for a light jog and did some walking lunges yesterday. It is amazing what 30 minutes of activity can do for the mind let alone the body.

My mother-in-law makes fudge, buckeye balls and peppermint bark at Christmas. She also made me a birthday cake (GF of course), pecan pie, apple pie and lemon pie. I set the limit for myself that I would not have more than two buckeye balls per day and I would only have pie on Christmas. I have kept to the limit on balls. I was weak last night and did have a small sliver of pecan pie.

I feel like a tub of lard. If you know me - you know I have BDD (Body Dismorphic Disorder). Not really, but I often look in the mirror and I see Oprah looking back at me. Yes, I know she is black and I am white, but I feel like I am her shape. It is insanity really - because I am at least five inches taller and in my mind, I know I am not "fat". I am sure the lack of exercise only adds to feeling totally disgusted with myself. Thank God there is no scale in my in-law's house!

I have been keeping up with my Green Shake. I am super thankful for my husband who has also made it a part of his daily routine. In all honesty, without his discipline this week would have been a complete bust! I have been completely Gluten Free since Day One. It helps to have people who understand and hold you accountable instead of tempt you!

I'll be home tomorrow and am excited to be back in my own element, free of temptation and no sweets in sight. I'm hopeful next week I will be more up beat and positive about my body, my diet and my outlook!

Here's to resolutions kept!

No comments:

Post a Comment