Saturday, December 12, 2009

Green Shakes and New Habits

Day Two:

This is day two of my journey to creating new habits and a healthier lifestyle. I'm feeling really motivated.

I am really hopeful that adding (or removing in some cases) nuances to my diet and lifestyle changes ever couple of weeks will help me make them more permanent. I am an extreme person and if I set out to make these changes all at once, and fail and one, I will feel as though I have failed at all of them.

You might be wondering why the "green" shake is so important to me and what it is. I am using one made by Vibrant Health called Field of Greens. It is gluten free and 100% organic. Each serving contains 7 grams of 14 different greens (broccoli, kale, alfalfa, spinach, collard, barley, oat and wheat grass). What inspired me to want to drink this concoction?

My husband has cancer on both sides of his family. Two of his family members who have battled the disease and won, swear by the changes in their diet. Their testimonials inspired me. They feel better, have more energy, less cravings and overall feel healthier. My husband's cousin actually juices her greens and drinks the fresh juice. I am not quite that ambitious. I mix my powdered greens with OJ and drink them very quickly. They are not awful. I have had worse. In fact, I am intrigued that I can actually taste the alfalfa and the broccoli.

Summary of Day Two: So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment